When and how often should I have my eyes tested?
We recommend that you have a comprehensive eye exam every one to two years, depending on your age, risk factors and whether you currently wear corrective lenses.
Children need regular eye exams to detect vision problems that may interfere with learning.
Signs that you might require an eye examination
- Blurry vision at any distance
- Headaches when reading or looking at your computer screen
- Having trouble reading, or seeing the computer screen or television
- Experiencing double vision
- Difficulty with colour discrimination
- Difficulty when driving
- Difficulty with glare
- Difficulty with night vision
- Mobility problems especially bumping into or tripping over objects, particularly those on one side
- Family history of vision problems